The heat is starting to subside. It's time for a change from the usual somen noodles are usually served cold.
This is a recipe for somen noodles with warm soup, eggplant, ginger, and shredded seaweed.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
Somen noodle: 100g (when uncooked)
Sesame oil: 1 Tablespoon
Chinese broth: 1/2 Tablespoon
Tube Ginger: 1 Tablespoon
Some sesame seeds
Some shredded seaweeds
(1) Cut the eggplant into chunks, keeping in mind the size that is easy to eat. At the same time, cut the ginger into thin strips.
(2) Cook the somen noodles. (Boil for as long as recommended by the manufacturer.) Also, heat up the noodle sauce in a small pot.
(3) Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and add 1 teaspoon of ginger. When heated, add the eggplant and cook until it is slightly browned and charred, then add 1/2 teaspoon of granulated Chinese broth.
(4) Add the clams and white wine and heat over medium heat for a while, then turn off the heat. Cover with a lid and cook it with steam for a while.
(5) After cooling the cooked somen noodles, put them in a pot of noodle soup for 30 seconds.
(6) Pour the warmed somen noodles and soup into a bowl, top with eggplant and myoga, sprinkle with sesame seeds and shredded seaweed, and serve.